Re: gEDA-user: pcb- no library dialog window on startup

A couple of points..

Please format the patches as a unified diff. (diff -u) These give better
context as to the changes, and will include function names in the hunk
headers.

gboolean dontopenlibwindowonstartup;

Doesn't follow PCB's variable naming convention (not that it explicitly
has one - but clearly the above doesn't fit in.). I don't think the name
actually reflects its usage wall anyway. You're using it as a one-shot
to suppress showing the window the first time it is asked for.

The variable  is never initialised (I believe you're implicitly
assuming / relying on the variable being zero'd in the BSS section of
the executable, which isn't a given on all platforms / compilers.

I've not dug into the problem at hand, but I can't quite see why you
need a one-shot to suppress the first opening of this dialog. Why not
patch the program so it doesn't attempt to open the dialog at startup?

It seems that this patch would just introduce buggy behaviour if that
root issue was addressed.

--
Peter Clifton

Electrical Engineering Division,