Re: gEDA-user: gschem 1.4.3 and LINGUAS="de en"

Am Montag, den 09.03.2009, 17:49 +0100 schrieb Stefan Salewski:
> Hello,
>
> yesterday I did some further tests of the updated gEDA install scripts
> for Gentoo. One test was for nls.
>
> For Gentoo we generally have an environment variable like LINGUAS="de
> en" for filtering the desired languages.
>
> The problem is that with this variable set I get only english menus for
> gschem. (Without this variable I get german text, but it is not a
> solution to delete it, because most Gentoo boxes will have and need this
> variable. And all (at least most) other software works fine with this)
>
> My guess is that gschem install script looks only for extended language
> specifier like de_DE and does not see matched lokales for the short
> form.
>
> Can someone comment on this?

OK, my impression is, after looking in ./configure script and

http://www.gnu.org/software/gettext/manual/gettext.html

that po directory should contain at least the basic names like
de.po, fr.po, ... and maybe additional variants like de_DE.po.
(Of course po/LINGUAS file needs these modified names too).