Re: gEDA-user: gsch2pcb use pcb library preferences patch

> >      ./pcb.settings
> >      ~/.pcb/settings
> >      ${prefix}/share/pcb/settings
>
> WTF PCB?

I added a global settings file support similar to .gafrc and .gschemrc
a long time ago.  I don't know why the gtk hid chose not to use it and
do its own thing in an incompatible way.  Saving project-specific
settings in a user-global directory seems wrong to me.

> (Being lazy and not checking the source.. is their content equivalent?)

The settings syntax is:

# comment
name = value

The name matches the usual help/option/xresource/etc name.  Whitespace
is optional.

> Where does lesstif store its GUI specific settings, such as window
> positions etc..?

It doesn't have any, aside from what it reads from .Xdefaults.