gEDA-user: Gnetlist can't find files?

Hi all,

I have built a simple hierarchical schematic: a testbench with a Vdc, Gnd, Vpulse input, 1x Inv, and 5fF cap load. The inverter is a 1x CMOS  inverter, built from modified asic lib symbols.

When I run gnetlist:

gnetlist -g spice-sdb test_inv1x.sch

I get the following error:

WARNING: Found a placeholder/missing component, are you missing a symbol file? [inv1x.sym]

My project-level gschemrc clearly defines where everything is:

(reset-component-library)
(component-library "/Users/daledouglas/gEDA/technology/asic")
(component-library "/Users/daledouglas/gEDA/technology/asicpads")
(component-library "/sw/share/gEDA/sym/io")
(component-library "/sw/share/gEDA/sym/analog")
(component-library "/sw/share/gEDA/sym/power")
(component-library "/sw/share/gEDA/sym/spice")
(component-library "/sw/share/gEDA/sym/titleblock")
(component-library "/Users/daledouglas/gEDA/development/schematics")
(component-library "/Users/daledouglas/gEDA/development/testbenches")
(source-library "/Users/daledouglas/gEDA/development/schematics")

but even if I place the inv1x.sym & .sch in the directory with the testbench, gnetlist can't seem to find it.

Does anyone have any insight into gnetlist & hierarchical designs? What am I doing wrong?

Many thanks,
Dale Douglas
http://www.linkedin.com/pub/2/184/925