Re: gEDA-user: pcb drc checks before releasing pcb || cost diff. from vendor to vendor

> First, do one of you have a check list of "must do" before releasing
> a board to a board fab house?

My checklist includes:

* DRC (check board specs before running, of course)
* drill report (check for too-small holes)
* enable mask and verify, run MinMaskGap() accordingly
* create gerbers, verify.  Check for silk though soldermask, for example.
* print check plot actual size on paper and hold parts up to it to verify footprints.

> Lastly, I have a question about Sunstone (pcbexpress) board fab
> pricing vs Advanced Circuits'.

Fabs base costs on a number of things, including (but not limited to)
(1) reliability, (2) trace/drill sizes, (3) flexibility in
manufacturing details, and (4) turnaround time.  Such factors, and
thus the price you pay, can vary widely.

Also, be careful to not compare one fab's "proto special" with another
fab's production run pricing.  Proto specials have different
restrictions but are priced less for small quantities, whereas
production runs are priced for high quantities.