Re: gEDA-user: pcb drc checks before releasing pcb || cost diff. from vendor to vendor

2009/3/16 S. Aguinaga <sa_jr@xxxxxxxxx>:

>   Hello Fellow designers:
>   I'm new to geda, I've designed my first board with gschem and pcb.
>   First, do one of you have a check list of "must do" before releasing a
>   board to a board
>   fab house?   I've used the DRC checks and I don't know if all are
>   accurate or if all are needed.
>   I've search the "seul.org" mail archives and there is a lot of info
>   and didn't find
>   a mention or such a list.  If any of you have any advice regarding
>   things I should
>   check before I release the board to the fab house, please let me
>   know.
>
>   Lastly, I have a question about  Sunstone (pcbexpress) board fab
>   pricing vs Advanced Circuits'.
>   I noticed that Sunstone quotes over a $100 more for a 2-layer, 4x9
>   inch board over the cost
>   priced by Advanced Circuits ( and Imageneering inc).  Do any of you
>   have any info on why
>   sunstone is so much more and is it worth the extra cost?
>   // Sal Aguinaga
>   // Northwestern University

Advanced Circuits is very high quality.  I think Sunstone is just high.

One thing I like to do is make a rendering of the board with
--photo-mode.  For me at least, it is easier to spot errors in
realistic color rendering than in a gerber viewer.

If you have the parts in hand, print out 1:1 and lay the parts there
to make sure everything fits ok.

If you are really unsure about the design, check out Advanced
Circuits' barebones special.

Regards,
Mark
markrages@gmail