Re: gEDA-user: pcb drc checks before releasing pcb || cost diff. from vendor to vendor

On Mon, 2009-03-16 at 16:06 -0500, Mark Rages wrote:

> If you are really unsure about the design, check out Advanced
> Circuits' barebones special.

I really like Advanced Circuits.

You can use their FreeDFM.com service to review your design even if you
don't end up deciding to use them for your boards.

I've used their 2-layer bare bones service fronted by barebonespcb.com a
couple of times with good success... if you can live without mask and
silk, it's a wonderfully cheap way to get some boards made.  For me,
it's a better deal than making boards at home since I can get a handful
of 2-layer plated through boards in a couple days for less than what I
think my time is worth.

I'm in the midst of turning on my first 4-layer boards that were bought
through their 66each.com front.  By submitting a panel of 10 of my
boards as one 'board' in their system I was able to get 50 raw boards
for $66 times 4 plus shipping, which far beat anyone else's pricing.
Used my table-top CNC milling machine to cut the panel apart.  So far,
everything I've tested on the board has worked perfectly... and this is
a fairly dense board at their minimum space and trace limits using a
QFN-36 RF system on chip and a mess of 0402 passives.  I'll definitely
use this service again.  They also have a 2-layer full-spec equivalent
at 33each.com, but I haven't tried it yet.

Have fun!

Bdale