Re: gEDA-user: geda-user Digest, Vol 34, Issue 49

> > This tells me that you had a file-based footprint that was the same
> > name as an m4-based footprint but with a ".fp" on it.  You can't do
> > that *and* have the m4 library be first in your path.  I suggest
> > renaming your footprints to be more unique, or removing the m4 library
> > from your search path.
> >
> I do not understand, because all those line ").fp ...." in that file also
> indicate the name of part involved and none. Of those parts only one is
> in my pcb-elements directory TO-92.fp, but this is not the cause, I rename
> it to to-92.fp, same problem.
>  I better explain my setup in more details, may be that here is same
> thing going on.
>  My footprint directory is "/home/vinny/geda/pcb-elementsare" and files
>  in are the following:
>  bzr.fp, cap100.fp, cap400.fp, d4000.fp, d4148.fp, digi_sw4-1.fp,
> heatsynk-7800.fp, LED4-1.fp, Relay_OAC-5.fp, to-92.fp, to-39.fp, to-105.fp
> xform-LP24-500-1.fp.
> The project directory is "/home/vinny/geda/timerb" the contents are
> T14489.sch, project, in the project file I these 3 lines, the forth line
> was added for the last test but it did not work, did I put it in the
> alright place?
> schematics T14489.sch
> output-name T14489
> elements-dir /home/vinny/geda/pcb-elements
> use-files

> Right, the parser is seeing (for example) 0603.fp and converting the
> "0603" to the new footprint, leaving the rest of the line intact.
>
> Also, avoid using "-" in footprint names.  It's a special character in
> M4; use "_" instead.

I apologize for my ignorance, I still do not know what to do I changed all
dash to underscore as suggested, but still no good, as I had pointed out
none of my footprint use the same name as in m4.  Which part you think
may be in conflict with m4 parts, the footprint or the sym parts?
I would love to disable or delete entirely the m4 parts, but how do I
do? I put the line "use-file" in the project file, in the tutorial is
mention of that, but did I place in correctly?
Please help I need to get this job out, and I am stuck nothing seem to
go alright.
Thank you in advance, Vinny.