gEDA-user: PCB footprints

   As a new user to geda &PCB i have some queries.

   I notice the pin numbers (given in pcblib-newlib footprint files such
   as DB25f.fp) listed in quotes inside text files are not used and PCB
   renumbers the pins in the sequence they appear in the text file of .fp
   ). Is my obsevation correct? s there any purpose for  which numbers in
   qoutes such "5" can be used?

   Do these numbers correspond I find it more cofusing because footprint
   when opened in PCB doesn't show up pin numbers.
   --
   vsrk sarma