Re: gEDA-user: Bad news about gEDA's participation in GSoC 2009

Hi all,

On Thu, 2009-03-19 at 12:39 -0400, al davis wrote:
> On Thursday 19 March 2009, Stuart Brorson wrote:
> > I am unhappy to announce that the gEDA Project's application
> > to the Google Summer of Code was turned down this year.
>
> Perhaps we can take this setback to leverage something positive.
>
> If some other org, or a group of orgs, can make a contribution,
> we can run our own.  Any takers?

Maybe we can have some bi-weekly code sprints during this summer just to
fool ourselves with the feeling of a "gEDA Summer of Code".

Invite some students by posting to some relevant newsgroups.

It will basically feel the same :)

<devious mode>

Maybe we can even hi-jack the "gSoC" abbreviation :)

</devious mode>

Kind regards and keep the faith, on day this google depression will be
over :)

Bert Timmerman.