gEDA-user: DRC UI mockup

Hi guys,

This time the screen-shot eye-candy is purely made in GIMP, sorry.. but
please take a look at it and see if it looks useful...

http://www2.eng.cam.ac.uk/~pcjc2/geda/drc_mockup.png

It is based on a mixture of UI from the Banshee music player, some of my
own ideas for presentation, and the DRC report Ben got from Sierra
(including some stolen text which we can't reuse verbatim!)

There isn't a great deal of info on the violation shown, hopefully
zooming to it obviates the need to take up screen-space with coordinate
readouts. (I'd imagine a tooltip, or "Details" pane might make a nice
addition if this was required).

Perhaps we could complement this expanded list with an alternative
compact view, where the preview image shrinks to a smaller size (or uses
a generic icon for the given rule), and we drop the detailed explanation
text from each line.

Any per-rule processing could be done in a few ways:

* Popup click context menu
* Add checkbox against each rule, then put action buttons at the bottom
  - Select all
  - Deselect all
  - Ignore selected violations
  - Highlight selected violations (on layout)
  - Auto-fix (right along there with "Auto-design my circuit" ;))

If there was too much information per violation, we could adopt a more
"eog" image viewer approach to properties ("similar" to our current
implementation). Make a dialog with all the information, fix
suggestions, actions for a single violation, then put "<< Previous" and
"Next >>" buttons at the bottom.

NB: Unfortunately, I don't have a lot of time to develop these ideas in
terms of code at the moment, so don't expect to see this on my branch
any time soon!

Best regards,

--
Peter Clifton