Re: gEDA-user: DRC UI mockup

I like the idea of showing the violation in a window, but do we need
that many?  Maybe something like gschem's symbol selection, where when
you select a violation it's shown in a window.  Tree view lets you group
violations by type and expand/collapse them:

+ drill too small (5)
+ annular ring too small (18)
- copper areas too close
  + 5.0 mil line/pin at 12500,7500
  + 4.8 mil line/pin at 11500,8500
  + 5.0 mil line/pin at 10500,3250
+ silk over pads (1)

One of my tasks for LF is to teach the HIDs how to deal with multiple
windows; after that there would be no reason why you couldn't edit the
violation right in the thumbnail view!

Perhaps a mini-whole-board view, with the board "dimmed" and
crosshairs over the violation?

Another option is a "call-out" on the main board - let the board be
zoomed way out but have a pop-up near the violation that shows, like a
magnifying glass, a close-up of the violation.