gEDA-user: Saving vdb in rawfile output in ngspice

Does anybody know a way to save the vdb of a node when using the .SAVE
command in ngspice and outputing a rawfile?

When I .save vdb(node) it saves it as v(node) instead, but only in
rawfile does this happen. If I use -o and get an ASCII table output it
uses vdb(node) correctly.

Is there anyway to use the ascii table output in gwave instead of the
rawfile option? If so that solves my problem anyway.