Re: gEDA-user: Questions about filling/using large nets/fills.

Peter Clifton wrote:
On Sun, 2010-03-07 at 14:06 +0000, Kai-Martin Knaak wrote:

The second question is pretty similar, I have to lay out an audio amp
circuit and little tiny wires that work well in digital electronics are
much less useful for audio.  So I want to have some rather large swaths
of copper connected to  parts.  I nice wide ground path makes life in
the audio world much easier.  I know you can adjust the width of lines
for the route styles.  Is that the way to do it?
Choose the route style you want to change and click on the header "Route Style" just below the tool buttons. A dialog pops up, that allows you to set the line width along with several other parameters of the route style. Alternatively, close pcb and edit the line "route-styles" in $HOME/.pcb/preferences

In addition, you can adjust the size of existing tracks with the "s" and
"S" keyboard short-cuts when hovering over an existing track. (This
works with other elements too).

When placing tracks, you can adjust the widths with the "l" and "L"
keyboard short-cuts.

You should see the new track sizes listed in the status bar. "Ctrl+R"
over an object gives you a report which will include its current width.

If you fancy changing size on a number of selected objects, select them
and execute an action.

":" brings up the command window / entry on the status bar.

ChangeSize(selectedlines, 25, mil)
or
ChangeSize(selectedlines, 2, mm)

Whatever..

Thank you both. Do you use the "line" tool to manually route? What's that "ins" tool for? It does strange things.

Thanks,
Jim.