Re: gEDA-user: rant: pcb print from command line

On Mon, 2010-03-08 at 16:41 -0500, Stephen Ecob wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 8, 2010 at 4:00 PM, DJ Delorie <dj@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> >> How good are people at actually logging bugs on the SF tracker?
> >
> > I suspect our lack of attention to them has prompted them to be less
> > good at reporting them there.
>
> I submitted my first PCB bug report to SF last month (#2946254), and
> shortly after added a patch that fixed the problem.  I must admit that
> the lack of response was discouraging - but I fully appreciate that
> the developers are time poor (I am also!).
>
> BTW thank you to Rikster, for taking the time to try the patch &
> confirm that it fixes the bug, and posting the result back to SF :-)

Now.. if you'd read my last mail, you might have been clued up to post a
link to the source-forge bug. Given a bug, a patch, and a confirmation
that it has been tried, and works... it might be one which could be
applied right away! It certainly got my attention, but stopped short
because finding bugs on sourceforge without a link is a ROYAL PAIN.

For anyone keen, this is the link:

http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=2946254&group_id=73743&atid=538811

I'm not intimately familiar with the auto-router (and don't use it), so
independent verification is good.

The patch looks good to me (although I've only skimmed it). It might
warrant a definition of what a "freckle" is, if that term isn't use
elsewhere.

The optimisation is probably fine to add. A complete fix would address
the issue in the auto-router as well.

I'm happy to apply the patch, but I'm heading home now, as its getting
late. Someone bug me to apply the patch!

--
Peter Clifton

Electrical Engineering Division,
Engineering Department,