Re: gEDA-user: rant: pcb print from command line

Peter Clifton wrote:
On Tue, 2010-03-09 at 19:20 +0000, Gareth Edwards wrote:

If we want to trial this model, I'm personally happy to become one of
the "second-class developers" as Kai-Martin put it - to do some patch
triage for gEDA tools in general, not just pcb.

Sure!

These things typically evolve anyway.. and are not assigned. I guess
what we're saying is that someone taking an interest in patches,
verifying them, and perhaps championing them to the developers - would
be a useful... if that inspires people to fill that role, excellent, but
I don't expect we'll be formally assigning "second-class-developers".

In a much much larger project that I've been involved with for a long time, new developers need 2 sponsors who will review and approve commits for a little while. There has been talk from time to time about the notion of "second-class-developers" ~forever over there but in the end, most of us have enough sense to not mess with parts that are too far outside of our expertise. Thats why I've filed a good number of bug reports, sometime with patches attached even, for a project that I've had commit access to for well over a decade.

Perhaps we can even form some teams interested to receive email updates,
and get subscribed to bugs / patches in certain areas, with patches for
review, or whatever.

fwiw, there is a pcb-bugs mailing list with only me as the subscriber. Of course in all fairness, that list didn't exist yesterday ;) That list will get all new bug reports and updates to existing reports.

-Dan