Re: gEDA-user: pcb option --layer-stack

On Fri, 12 Mar 2010 23:58:12 -0500, Dan McMahill wrote:

> if you feel like working on the command line options part of the manual,
> there are two ideas that have been floated around.  Both involve ways to
> keep the documentation source embedded in the code.

sounds good.

> 1)  use more special comments in the source to document command line
> stuff.  Leverage the gather-actions script.

I fail see how the gather-actions script works. The comment suggests to
put comments like "/* ACTION(name,func) */" in the source. The perl
source does indeed look for this string. However, grep finds no such
comments in the source. Instead, there are comments like "/* %start-doc
actions" all over the place.

> 2) add an undocumented (since it will be for our internal use, grep for
> ben-mode in src/hid/png/png.c for an example) --help-texi option.
> Then you get out basically the same as --help output but in .texi
> format for inclusion in the manual.

Hmm, if there is already a way to extract formated comments to texinfo,
I'd rather not invent a separate one from scratch.

---<(kaimartin)>---
--
Kai-Martin Knaak                                  tel: +49-511-762-2895
UniversitÃt Hannover, Inst. fÃr Quantenoptik      fax: +49-511-762-2211