gEDA-user: Cygwin still supported?

The install instructions at http://geda.seul.org/wiki/geda:cygwin include a lot of obsolete cygwin packages (atk-devel, gtk2-x11-devel, ... 6 others). These packages are no longer available in the current Cygwin distribution. I assume their functions have been moved to other packages, so this may need just a simple update of the install instructions.

The alternatives I am considering are install under Mac OS X, or set up a third machine with a suitable Linux distro. I've been using Cygwin for all my Unix needs, so I would like to stick with that, if possible. I also use CentOS (a clone of Redhat) on a remote server.

Suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

* David MacQuigg, PhD    email: macquigg at ece.arizona.edu   *  *
* Research Associate                phone: USA 520-721-4583   *  *  *
* ECE Department, University of Arizona                       *  *  *
*                                 9320 East Mikelyn Lane       * * *
* http://purl.net/macquigg        Tucson, Arizona 85710          *