Re: gEDA-user: Help with board layout

Hi Oliver,

I'm the developer of PCB's toporouter[1]. I have a few questions, if
you don't mind:

- Do you mind curvilinear wiring?
- How many power supplies?
- How much are you paying for the job?
- Have the schematics already been captured in gschem?
- Have footprints for components already been captured and verified?
- Can you give me any hints about the complexity of the routing? Is it
really nasty all-to-all stuff? Or is there some structure to it?

Any info you could give me would be appreciated.

Cheers,
Anthony

[1] http://anthonix.resnet.scms.waikato.ac.nz/toporouter

On Tue, Mar 1, 2011 at 7:34 PM, Oliver King-Smith <oliverks1@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>   I hope this is not considered list abuse, but I am looking for someone
>   to layout a board in geda's PCB.
>
>   The board consists of approximately 100 ICs and associated components.
>   There is a lot of repetition on the board, and most of the ICs are
>   single opamps, so the board is not as big or scary as it might seem.
>   All the footprints have been made and the schematic was done in gschem.
>   The design is mostly analog signals and these operate below 1KHz. The
>   signals get digitized with a 20bit ADC. All the power supplies are
>   linear regulars. These is no impedance control needed for the board.
>   The digital section of the board is galvanically isolated from the
>   analog section which makes grounding issues pretty straightforward.
>
>   I don't have any space constraints, but I anticipate it should fit
>   nicely onto a 10x10 inch or smaller board. I anticipate that a 6 layer
>   design should be more than sufficient to get a good layout (an
>   aggressive layout can probably get away with 4 layers.
>
>   I am on a schedule. I would like to have the board laid out within the
>   next 3 weeks. The board is testing an ASIC, and if I am going to meet
>   the later summer shuttle run, I really need the board built by the
>   early of April. I am located in northern California, but you can be
>   located anywhere in the world.
>
>   If you are interested in doing this contract, or if you have any
>   questions, please email me directly. Please include any a brief
>   description of any experience you have had with using PCB.
>
>   Thank you in advance
>
>   Oliver

Anthony Blake