Re: gEDA-user: gschem: net attribute for power I/O, clean appearance? (no “:1”)

On Tue, Mar 8, 2011 at 6:18 PM, Colin D Bennett <colin@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hidden option 3: Make gschem assume “:1” for ‘net’ attribute values
> without a “:N” suffix.
>
> This seems like it would be an easy fix for the problems resulting
> from Option 1 and Option 2, but I'm no Scheme or gschem hacker.
>
> I understand that the ‘net’ attribute is used in a number of different
> ways, but for this specific purpose it would be nice to have a good
> solution if it's not too difficult.
>
> Another option would be to add a DRC check to the gnetlist backend to
> ensure that ‘net’ and ‘value’ attributes agree, thus eliminating at
> least the possibility of a hidden error in the schematic.
>
> Thoughts?

This has been proposed by several users, including me.

My message here:
http://archives.seul.org/geda/user/Jun-2009/msg00299.html

(The wiki sentence I complained about still exists.)

A patch exists!

And here it is:
http://archives.seul.org/geda/dev/Mar-2004/msg00015.html

But there is opposition:
http://archives.seul.org/geda/dev/Mar-2004/msg00021.html

And the ugly workaround:
http://archives.seul.org/geda/dev/Mar-2004/msg00018.html

and it seems the patch wasn't applied after all.

Regards,
Mark
markrages@gmail
--