Re: gEDA-user: gschem: net attribute for power I/O, clean appearance? (no “:1”)

On Tue, 8 Mar 2011 18:41:59 -0600
Mark Rages <markrages@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Tue, Mar 8, 2011 at 6:18 PM, Colin D Bennett <colin@xxxxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
> > Hidden option 3: Make gschem assume “:1” for ‘net’ attribute values
> > without a “:N” suffix.
>
> This has been proposed by several users, including me.

Mark, many thanks for posting the references to that conversation.
I appreciate the very appropriate and poignant subject line mentioning
“DRY, colon cancer, and redundant, repetitive redundancy”. :-)
My thoughts exactly.

The “ugly workaround” [1] you mention is exactly what I described as
Option 2. (Except I use the convention of the normal input-2 symbol,
using the ‘value’ attribute instead of ‘description’.)

There is also a post-processing kludge [2] implementing Hidden option 3!
This solves all the original problems but does bring its own
inconveniences because it's implemented with post-processing scripting.

Regards,
Colin