Re: gEDA-user: General Layers questions

Hi,

there are two things we need to consider: footprints and layouts.

I don't want to talk about footprints. Footprints will just be
a set of element on differents layers which behave "atomicaly".
So once it is created there are no problems.

The problem is with layout.

There are lines,arc,polygons. All of them should have an attribute of
keep-away type. That is easy.

The problem is how to draw a "unmasked line". I can draw a line and
than the same line in "negative mask" layer. I can even aid the designed
by a tool "copy to another layer" (there is at least move to layer
already, maybe even that one).
But one the line is drawn it is a separate element with no connection to
the first line. When I move with the cooper line the mask line will
not move.

So, do we need/want to have some "sync" mechanism so having unmasked
lines and lines with cooper easy to maintrain? Maybe not..I don't know.

When you are drawing footprint, you can draw mask/paste layers after
cooper is done, so there will be probably no problems.

	Martin Kupec