Re: gEDA-user: Free GNU/Linux hardware design tools

cej@os.dk said:
> I'm a software developer looking for a set of free (as in "free
> speech") GNU/Linux tools suitable for hacking the (Altera) FPGAs on
> the C-ONE board:

You will need some implementation tools from Altera. I believe
the quartus package is free (as in "free beer") and I'm pretty
sure that does *not* include a simulator. It should include Verilog
synthesis.

For Verilog simulation, there is, of course, Icarus Verilog.
Free speech, free beer, Wintel free if you choose:-)

Altera FPGA synthesis via Icarus Verilog lacks only some code
generator bits. One may be able to write an EDIF/LPM family for
the -tfpga target, and hand that off to the Altera implementation
tools.
steve at picturel.com         and lines to code before I sleep,