Re: gEDA-user: Anyone have any success with Icarus Verilog and Altera's Quartus software?

clepple@ghz.cc said:
> I'm evaluating Altera's Quartus II software (roughly same capabilities
>  as Xilinx's Webpack) and I was wondering if anyone had done any
> successful P+R in Quartus with the EDIF output of Icarus Verilog.

The tgt-edif module is very old. It likely won't work.

The tgt-fpga module now bundled and under development works much
better, but would need some code added to support your target device.
You need to add a part "architecture", which I'm trying to make as
easy to do as possible. See for example the virtex2 support.

Since the past few years, you're the first person to ask about
Altera support:-)
steve at picturel.com         and lines to code before I sleep,