Re: gEDA-user: gwave cannot find libguilegtk-1.2.so.0 ?

Hi!

Am 11.05.2004 um 11:00 schrieb Mel:

Thanks, Richard and Stuart!

Problem solved. I am runnuing on Fedora and gwave is
looking for libraries in /usr/lib instead of
/usr/local/lib. After I added /usr/local/lib into
/etc/ld.so.conf and run ldconfig, gwave starts
successfully.

I knew it was my problem, not gwave's :)
You did find a workaround (in fact the most popular one around this problem), but not the solluiion. The cause of your problem are some missing flags on the linkers command line during compilation, that autoconf failed to figure out. Because far too much people using workarounds like yours, this problmes has crept into (IMHO far too) many open souce projects. :-(

More then every second project, I build from source, fails to run because of autoconf failing to find out, these linker flags are needed. Solaris needs them too, but autoconf is so cute to have them hardcoded for solaris instead of probing for them.

Linux is becoming more and more like windows. :-(

73, Mario
--
Mario Klebsch mario@klebsch.de
PGP-Key available at http://www.klebsch.de/public.key