Re: gEDA-user: Stupid newbie question

Bill Wilson wrote:
There's a little red dot at the end of pins and you have to click on that
dot to make the connection.  It can be confusing, but clicking on the middle
of a pin doesn't do it.  Also note that if you ever add pins while editing
a symbol, the pin end the dot is on depends on which point you select first
to draw the pin.  So you have to be careful that your pin drawing gets all
those dots on the pin end away from the symbol body.

I think this is a potential confusion for many first time gschem users
and is why I made a point of it in the tutorial page:

   http://web.wt.net/~billw/gsch2pcb/gschem-warmup.html
Thanks, Bill. Now I'm SURE I'm doing something wrong (or something ELSE is wrong). =) Because I did read the FAQ and the documentation, noted the red dots (at the zoom level I'm using to get nets connected to each other they're half an inch tall) and have dragged net endpoints to just about every pixel in that red pin endpoint, and still the red not-connected indicator stays there. This isn't a redraw issue, I redraw with every drag attempt. Could I have some setting messed up or disabled?

I'm using gschem-20040111, should I try the CVS?

Regards,
Chad