Re: gEDA-user: How do you create soldermask?

On Sunday 23 May 2004 10:14 am, Stephen Meier wrote:

> Look at my document www.meierrippin.com/pcb_landpattern_design.pdf
>
> Also I will include an 805 resister that opens up the soldermask for you
> as an example.

Your footprint has square pads, and the standard ~gEDA/0805 footprint has
rectangular pads.   Is one more correct than the other?

> >I do not understand the process for making a correct soldermask.

I wonder if something in my instillation is broken because pcb.pdf says:

"2.2 Vias Vias provide through-hole connectivity across all layers... The
default solder-mask will cover over vias, so you won't be able to solder to
them. Of course, you can change this so that vias also have solder-mask
cut-outs, but it is not the default..."

but my Vias are NOT covered with mask. Where is the setting being
referred to in that paragraph?