gEDA-user: How do you unmask via's in PCB?

How do I had solder mask clearance to selected via's?
I tried selecting them then doing "ChangeClearSize(selected,+3,mil)" but
nothing happened.  That command only seems to work on pins&pads.

The manual says:

"The default solder-mask will cover over vias, so you won't be able to solder
to them. Of course, you can change this so that vias also have solder-mask
cut-outs, but it is not the default. Vias are also useful for defining
arbitrary drill points such as those used for mounting a board. Vias used in
this way have a special  flag set so that they have no annular copper ring,
and also appear in the unplated drill..."

I submitted my board to 4PCB's on line DRC checker at:

http://www.freedfm.com/

It keeps telling me I have four "show stoppers", and those
are my four mounting holes that have no traces connected to them, the "show
stoppers" being no solder mask clearance.  No complaints about any of the
via's that do have traces.

Can not use the unplated holes because the proto house doesn't do unplated
holes.

How do you make via's not being covered with mask the default, manual
doesn't say, and I could not find a setting for it?

--
                    http://www.softwaresafety.net/
       http://www.unusualresearch.com/ http://www.bpaddock.com/