Re: gEDA-user: cell0 and cell1 references in EDIF file?

Stephen Williams wrote:
Harold D. Skank wrote:
> People,
>
> I need some help here!  I'm using iverilog to provide simulation
> capability, and to generate an EDIF design file to submit to a Lattice
> Semiconductor package for place and route.  Everything seems to go OK up
> to the submission of the EDIF file, at which point the Lattice package
> doesn't seem to understand reference to "cell0" and "cell1".  Frankly,
> looking at the EDIF file, I don't understand them either.

cell0 and cell1 are output-only constant value devices. They are
to drive constant 0 or 1 to the input of something else. The cell
types are completely defined in the EDIF you posted. If Lattice
tools can't handle it, they need to be slapped around until they
explain why they don't support LPM_CONSTANT cells.

I think that the lattice tool has a `vendor' file that allows the definition of the cell name that specifies `1' and `0'.  When you import the EDIF file through the GUI I recall that there was an `advanced' button that allowed you to specify some of these things.  In particular you can rename the `custom' cell to represent 0 and 1.  You can also set a special name to represnt 1 or 0, via the custom net options.  Otherwise there may be a way to find the configuration files for one of the other vendors.

The files to modify if you want a particular `vendor' (e.g. Icarus) to appear appear to be in the following directory:

/isptools/ispcpld/config

They are all files that match *edif.fdk.  I have not played with editing these myself, but these look like the place to edit,YMMV.  Otherwise setting the advanced options to `cell0' and `cell1'  as the custom VCC and GND cells should do the trick.

Mike

                              Mike Jarabek
                                FPGA/ASIC Designer
  http://www.istop.com/~mjarabek