Re: gEDA-user: Bill Of Material Management?

On Saturday 28 May 2005 12:04 pm, John Luciani wrote:
> Are your sure that Compiere won't run with Postgres?

They only list Oracle and Sybase as supported and state:

"Why is this important to us? You will notice database issues as Compiere
errors and we do not like to be blamed for stuff outside of our control."

http://www.compiere.org/technology/database/index.html

Which is on the page on how to port to other databases (??).

The 2.5.2 release notes do say "The Compiere team plans to release additional
databases by summer" so maybe there is hope for Postgres or MySQL.

> I use a Postgres database (http://www.postgresql.org) with tables for
> a master parts list, component specs and inventory. I have an HTML page with
embeded SQL that displays the parts list master joined with the component
> specs and inventory tables.
>
> I also have an order script that creates an order-list after checking
> the inventory tables.

All sounds useful.  Add them to your site sometime, please. :-)