Re: gEDA-user: Clearing mask to mount shields

On Fri, May 05, 2006 at 11:45:43PM -0400, Phil Taylor wrote:
> Darrell Harmon <dlharmon@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > I went with 1 via every mm. So far, I have 2110 vias, so I should be able
> > to stay under 2500 by the time I finish routing it.
>
> Can you plate the edges and save drilling 2k holes?  (assuming the holes are
> on the perimeter of your board).
>
> phil

I don't think so. I am using the cheapest possible boardhouse for 4 layer.
Also, most of the holes are not on the edges since there are internal
partitions. I would expect that plating the edges may be cheaper in mass
production.

--
Darrell Harmon
http://dlharmon.com