Re: gEDA-user: SMT/Through Hole Mix

Phil Taylor wrote:

You can get a solder paste syringe sample kit from a company called EFD. It'll last you for a long time doing prototypes.

I've seen a nifty system (maybe the same thing) which you hook up to compressed air and a foot pedal. One press gives you a little bit of paste. I haven't been able to justify such fancy things for my basement though.

I store all my parts in small zip-closure baggies.  All the same size, in a
half a doze parts-bin drawers.  Storing a 1000 resistor values is pretty easy
on space and overhead.

I use little glass vials that you can get from a lab supply place like VWR Scientific. Not quite as compact as the little baggies but I find them a little easier to handle and I'm always sure when the lid is on that its really closed. They fit nicely into some of those plastic storage boxes like you might find in the fishing section of walmart.

-Dan