gEDA-user: gschem with cairo rendering

Its still a work in progress, and does very often take the sledgehammer
approach of redrawing the entire screen, but for the intrepid testers, I
have a branch where gschem uses "mostly" cairo to render.

There is a lot of work to do, but its usable on my system, and I'd
appreciate people taking a look at it, and feeding back whether the they
like it, and where the bugs are lurking which I've not hit yet.

http://repo.or.cz/w/geda-gaf/pcjc2.git?a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/cairo_experiment

git clone --reference /path/to/your/geda-gaf.git/incarnation git://repo.or.cz/geda-gaf/pcjc2.git

(For those without a gEDA git checkout, just:

git clone git://repo.or.cz/geda-gaf/pcjc2.git

Then:

cd pcjc2
git checkout origin/cairo_experiment

(Then the usual build stuff, install libgeda first, then build the rest.)

Best wishes,

--
Peter Clifton

Electrical Engineering Division,