Re: gEDA-user: gschem with cairo rendering

On Fri, 2008-05-02 at 01:52 +0000, Kai-Martin Knaak wrote:
> On Fri, 02 May 2008 01:32:44 +0100, Peter Clifton wrote:
>
> >  I have a branch where gschem uses "mostly" cairo to render.
>
> Yay!
>
> Did a quick download. Stepped into the usual pitfall of not setting the
> proper paths. After this was fixed (couldn't configure set the paths?)
> the cairo version compiled fine. Changed to my current project, typed
> gschem et voila: Finally, gschem enters the age of smoothed lines!
>
> Two remarks:
>
>   * preview of the library window does not seem to work.

(I knew there was something I forgot to fix.. shouldn't be too hard!)

>   * mirrored circles are drawn "the other way".
>     Looks funny with the osc_air_coil-1.sym or DB9-2.sym

So they are... each of these graphics libraries (and gschem) have their
own ideas and coordinate systems for drawings arcs.. looks like I got
the semantics wrong with cairo.

> Thanks for pushing the GUI towards a modern look.

Is the speed ok though? This is quite unoptimised at the moment.

--
Peter Clifton

Electrical Engineering Division,
Engineering Department,