Re: gEDA-user: stupid divider

On Sat, May 03, 2008 at 02:38:51AM -0400, Dan McMahill wrote:

> The signal I'm trying to divide is down in the handful of kHz range and
> the only reason I'm using 74ACT instead of something like 74HC is thats
> what I had in the parts box in the basement.

There's a minimum edge rate of 125mV/ns in this datasheet (from 0.8 to 2V,
so about 10ns).  Are you meeting that?

Also, ACT requires 5V, you can't run it on 3V like you could AC.

If you had a really long input line and a very fast edge I would wonder
if the clock was ringing enough to trigger a second transition.

--
Ben Jackson AD7GD
<ben@xxxxxxx>