Re: gEDA-user: stupid divider

After reading all of the below and your earlier post, I find it hard
to believe that your clocks literally had enough ringing to cause the
FF to clock on the falling edge.  This is especially true if the
logic generating the signal was slower.  More likely what you are
seeing is a ground bounce effect.  I can't rationalize that statement
since the only devices that could generate a bounce are the slower
clock parts and slower parts are less likely to generate
bounce.  However, the fact that the problem persisted after adding
buffers to the clock line tells me it is coming from the

I assume that you know bounce and ringing are not the same thing so
they have different cures.  However, they can both be chased away by
using a slower receiver of the clock (the FF).

I dunno.  You haven't talked much about the clock generator.  Could
it actually be generating a short pulse on the falling edge?  That is
just the sort of thing that ground bounce can do.  What device are
you using to make the clock signal?

Rick