Re: gEDA-user: stupid divider

Rather than a poorly formed edge, your results can also be explained
by wiring the chip wrong.  For example, if you had the set input tied
low and the clock on the reset line, I think it would give you
exactly what you are describing.  IIRC, the reset has priority over
the set input, so the low clock half will force the output low.  Then
when the clock is high, the output will rise again due to the set
input being wired low.

Check the data sheet for the part you are using.  I don't recall if
different families of TTL parts are pinned out differently or
not.  Also, be sure you are using the correct pinout for the exact
package you are using.  I know that some footprints are  pinned out
differently.

Rick