Re: gEDA-user: Footprint silkscreen issues

On Sun, 4 May 2008, Eric Brombaugh wrote:

> Since these footprints comprise about 80% of my design overall, I
> imagine I'm going to be spending a lot of time correcting these issues
> with custom footprints of my own.

You may be able to correct them with a script - if I have an issue turn up
after laying out a board, a very short perl script usually can fix it. It
really depends on the board, though.

> If silkscreen on the pads isn't an issue in today's manufacturing
> processes, that would be good to know as well.

Depends on the PCB fabricator, some of them explicitly say they can handle
it (by not putting silkscreen on the pads).