gEDA-user: Footprint silkscreen issues

Hi,

I was just doing a final review on a board that I built in gschem/PCB
using (mostly) footprints out of the default library and saw what
appears to be a serious shortcoming. The following footprints have
silkscreen that overlaps the pads - something I've been told by
experienced board designers is an issue that can cause problems during
board manufacturing:

R025
TO92
TO220
AXIAL_LAY_300

Since these footprints comprise about 80% of my design overall, I
imagine I'm going to be spending a lot of time correcting these issues
with custom footprints of my own. Anyone considering a new layout
might to well to avoid these elements and carefully review any others
from the library that you may want to use.

If silkscreen on the pads isn't an issue in today's manufacturing
processes, that would be good to know as well.

Thanks,

Eric