Re: gEDA-user: Footprint silkscreen issues

John Luciani wrote:
> On Mon, May 5, 2008 at 1:44 AM, Eric Brombaugh <ebrombaugh@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>  If silkscreen on the pads isn't an issue in today's manufacturing
>>  processes, that would be good to know as well.
>
> It may not be an issue with your PCB fabricator. You need to ask.
>
> I make my footprints with 10mils of clearance between the copper and
> silkscreen. That eliminates a potential error.
>
> I review all of my footprints prior to usage and place reviewed footprints
> in a "production" directory tree. All designers are using the same set
> of footprints and the footprints don't change with revisions to the
> PCB software.

I decided to just fix the decals in the .pcb file - a little time with
the text editor global search & replace seems to have taken care of it.

You can be sure that I'll be more careful in reviewing the library
elements before I use them in the future though!

Eric