Re: gEDA-user: gschem won't connect nets

At 10:48 PM 5/24/2008, you wrote:

> > Am I being naive?
>
>If you were talking about pcb, yeah, you'd be naive.
>
>gschem also allows you to change the grid, though, and although it
>enforces the grid when you're entering nets and such, it doesn't
>"check" incoming symbols against the current user grid - the symbol
>may have been created with a different grid, for example.
>
>So, the interesting question here is - how did your stuff get off-grid
>in the first place?

Maybe I am missing something.  We are talking about schematic
capture, right?  Why would you even need to control placement of
schematic symbol pins to 1 mil?

I have to say that I just don't get why any schematic capture program
would still have this sort of problem.  This is a problem that comes
from developers expecting a user to conform to the software rather
than making the software suit the user.

Rick