Re: gEDA-user: Strange behavior with input-1.sym and output-1.sym?

On Thu, 2009-05-07 at 00:26 +0200, Stefan Salewski wrote:
> On Wed, 2009-05-06 at 18:20 -0400, dfro@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
> > Adding the graphical=1 attribute made input-1.sym and output-1.sym work.
> >
> > None of the symbols in the Input/output(generic) directory have a
> > graphical=1 component.
> >
> > I wonder why input-2.sym and output-2.sym work without graphical=1?
> >
> > Dave
>
> My guess is, that we do not really need graphical=1 for in, out or power
> symbols. I think my own symbols work fine without it.
>
> One important difference between your mentioned symbols: Some have
> already a net=INPUT:1 attribute, some not.
>
> Of course in or out symbols are useless without such an net attribute --
> try inserting one. Of course you can use arbitrary names like
> net=myfunnynet:1

Other difference:

stefan@AMD64-X2 ~/gEDA/DAD $ cat /usr/share/gEDA/sym/io/output-1.sym
device=OUTPUT
stefan@AMD64-X2 ~/gEDA/DAD $ cat /usr/share/gEDA/sym/io/output-2.sym
device=none

device=OUTPUT may be bad for in/out symbols, try device=none.
My own symbols have no device attribute and work.