Re: gEDA-user: fritzing

John Doty wrote:
> Our interest
> is in recruiting users who will participate in its further
> development. Our payback is having better tools to use. The whiners
> who say "I want ... but I can't be bothered to develop the skills to
> contribute" don't find much sympathy here.

And those who might like to contribute don't find a hacking guide here
either, one of my perennial gripes.  I contribute to open source, but I
have limited time.  I chose to contribute to other projects in large
part because the developer documentation is better (it exists) and the
developers give more that 3 word answers to my "where do I find..."
questions when I want to navigate the code.

If your goal is to recruit more developers (a good goal, IMHO) then
something needs to be done to address the needs of new developers.

-dave