Re: gEDA-user: fritzing-like gEDA? gEDA-like Fritzing?

On May 10, 2009, at 11:16 AM, KURT PETERS wrote:

>    Criminy... I have to admit, I couldn't even get the (1.5) source to
>    compile in Linux Kubuntu recently... so if people are saying
> it's easy
>    for those "not in the know" to work on gEDA source code, they're
> just
>    delusional.  Of course, I am now going to try to use git and
> compile
>    that way since I was NEVER able to get the source on the release
> web
>    page to compile -- hoping those instructions are slightly clearer.

Doesn't Kubuntu have 1.4 as a package? Ubuntu Jaunty certainly does,
I've been using it on my new netbook. Why struggle? 1.5 is a
development version: you should expect to need more expertise to get
past the rough edges.

http://www.noqsi.com/
jpd@xxxxxxxxx