Re: gEDA-user: fritzing-like gEDA? gEDA-like Fritzing?

KURT PETERS wrote:
>    Criminy... I have to admit, I couldn't even get the (1.5) source to
>    compile in Linux Kubuntu recently... so if people are saying it's easy
>    for those "not in the know" to work on gEDA source code, they're just
>    delusional.  Of course, I am now going to try to use git and compile
>    that way since I was NEVER able to get the source on the release web
>    page to compile -- hoping those instructions are slightly clearer.
>    Kurt

Have you tried this command for getting the compile dependencies?

sudo apt-get build-dep geda-gschem
sudo apt-get build-dep geda
sudo apt-get build-dep geda-gnetlist
sudo apt-get build-dep geda-gsymcheck
sudo apt-get build-dep geda-symbols
sudo apt-get build-dep geda-utils

Whether you have those geda-* packages installed or not, these commmands might get you all
you need to compile from source on kubuntu.

John

--
Ecosensory   Austin TX