Re: gEDA-user: good books about footprint and land patterns

al davis wrote:
> On Monday 18 May 2009, Joerg wrote:
>> Cadsoft considers uploads to be completely free to the public
>> unless
>
> What would it take to convert them all?
>
> Footprints should not be written for any program in particular.

Well, unfortunately EDIF was (so far) just one big joke. There ain't no
standard. However, at least for Eagle you can write user language
programs and AFAIK the ULP capability already comes with the free
version of the software so you won't have to buy anything. If not for
profit, that is. Someone has written ULPs to translate schematics and
library parts from Eagle to Kicad and they work to some extent, at least
taking a lot of the grunt work off the list. Surprisingly Cadsoft left
those routines up there for years now even though they help people
migrate from their product to a GPL product. I am not aware anyone has
written routines to convert to gEDA (yet).

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/