Re: gEDA-user: How do I mark the connection point on a pad?

Stefan Salewski wrote:
On Mon, 2010-05-10 at 08:45 -0400, Jim wrote:

Since a beginner at this most likely is following the tutorial and the

There are many tutorials, at least more than one.

The most recent and fine for beginners is from DJ -- he recommends
generating the initial board with PCB, not gsch2pcb. See

http://www.delorie.com/pcb/docs/gs/gs.html
http://geda.seul.org/wiki/geda:documentation

OK I'll look those links over, but if I google for "geda tutorial" the first link that comes up is:

http://www.geda.seul.org/wiki/geda:gsch2pcb_tutorial

You have to get to page three to see DJ's tutorial. I'm not arguing with you, I'm just saying that a beginner is likely to do pretty much what I did, which was perform that search. The link takes you to a very reasonable place, right on the geda site. Until one becomes involved with this community one probably won't recognize DJ's valuable contributions.

It may be a good idea to somewhere in the geda tutorial, provide links to the others, if it is felt they are superior, or even to show some diversity.

My thanks to all on this list that contibute. I can't say I've ever had as much help with any application as I've gotten from this group. You're the best!

Thanks,
Jim.