Re: gEDA-user: "soldermask via caps"

Thank everyone,

  Re: QFNs by hand: In the past, I have had to solder QFN packages by
hand, generally by using solder paste in a syringe, and applying heat
with a heat gun/hand soldering.  I've also tried to melt the central
pad up the via with much frustration but some success .

  I would go with DJ's solution as by far the best,  hand soldering is
a fiddle.  Though I haven't done it myself yet.

  I recently noticed that ebay does interesting looking 'bench-top'
programmable reflow ovens which averted my thoughts to DIY a toaster
oven: ([sparkfun] http://tinyurl.com/38tu3o7)

  Has anyone used one of these?