Re: gEDA-user: OT: Bike Alarms

Q?.

Do you want to protect YOUR bike or do you want to make a product?

If you are making a product it does not matter HOW flawed it is. If it can be found and disabled, if it worked effectively or not. All these things are unimportant. Good marketing spin can convince idiots with expensive carbon fiber bikes they need the unit and it works brilliantly.

If you make the successful product you will have enough money to buy lots of bikes when yours does get stolen and you don't care that it doesn't work.

IF you want to protect your bike then think security through obscurity. I would not go bragging to anyone about my bikes security measures ;)