gEDA-user: Out and In symbols in gschem & getting net names to come out in PCB

   I'm using out and in symbols in gschem to label nets in a schematic and
   tie nets together without traces running everywhere.  I set the net
   attribute of the corresponding out and in symbols in the schematic to
   the same value (clk for example) and connect these symbols to various
   pins of various chips.  When I run gsch2pcb and look at the netlist I
   don't see those nets listed which makes me feel the pins of all the
   chips I tie the out and in symbols to are not connected.  How do I use
   these symbols correctly?
   Thanks